April 29, 2015

From TV Sets to Reality

People are always asking me what I'm going to do after school.. especially since graduation is only 2 weeks away. Yes I said it.. I will be graduating college in t-minus two weeks. Holy Crap. The most common question I get is "What the heck does interior design have to do with your Communication major??". Well, a lot actually. Not to mention that I also have a Studio Art and Arts Management minor.. so they all come together to create some sort of 'creative business framework'. Well, at least that's what I like to call it. It sounds legit if you ask me, and totally has to do with starting an interior design business. 

But anyways.. today I came across a real and true connection between my Communication major and interior design... besides those that I like to come up with on my own. Production Design. This means creating those cool houses and rooms that we fall in love with in all of our favorite TV shows and movies. Now this has a real connection between the two! How cool would it be to sit down to watch Revenge or Scandal and say HEY! I DESIGNED THAT! I think it would be pretty sweet. So.. this could be a future aspiration.. we'll see. But for now, I've decided to use these sets for some design inspiration. So here's some of my favorite TV homes and how to get these looks for yourself!

Revenge: If you were as obsessed with Revenge as I was you will know what I mean when I said I had an obsession with Emily's style and even more with the Grayson Manor and the Beach House. Here's how to recreate your very own Hampton Beach House just like Emily Thorne. 




//1//2//3//4//5//


Scandal: Everyone wants to be like Olivia Pope. So here's how to recreate your very own bachelorette pad.




//1//2//3//4//5//6//7//


Gossip Girl: Serena's totally chic living room is something for the books. 






//1//2//3//4//5//6//7//

xoxo Nicole



No comments:

Post a Comment